Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Two Steps Forward, One Step back

Today started out being a good day. Heather got up and took a shower, blow dried her own hair, and we went to see the babies this morning. Everything was good this morning, except for Kuylen and Mary had not made any urine yet today. Overall, everything was stable and going well. David was doing good and was the better of the three today. After our visit to the NICU, Heather and I went outside for a while and walked barefoot in the grass, and sat under a tree for a little while. It was really nice being outside for Heather, because she had been on bed rest for 5 weeks.
I ran out today to run some errands, and came back right before the babies doctors came in for our daily posting. The doctors said everything with Mary and Kuylen was okay, even though they had no urine output, but they were giving fluids to try to make that happen. They are having issues with their kidneys. David's prognosis was good. He has balanced out his blood sugar, and is doing well.
This evening Heather and I went back to the NICU to see the babies before bed, and things for Kuylen had continued to go down. He is really swollen, due to the amount of fluids they are pumping, and his kidneys are not making urine still. they did an echo and he is very dry. He is still fighting to hold on, so please say a few extra prayers for our little potato. Mary also still hasn't made any urine, and her echo showed she was getting dry also. Our little girl could also use a few extra prayers.
The Nurse Practitioner said tonight that things are not real good with Kuylen and Mary could take a bad turn over night. Needless to say we are worried sick, and probably will not sleep much tonight. Heather won't take a full dose of her sleeping medication in case they come get us in the middle of the night. She doesn't want to be out of it, if things go bad.

Our little ones are having a tough time tonight and need some godly help to pull them through this.
I just made another visit to the NICU to sit with Kuylen and Mary, and visit some with David. I didn't want him thinking he was being left out. The whole reason for going was to spend some more time with the two that are the sickest. I sat in a chair between their two isolates for an hour, just asking God to let us have our children to love, cherish and raise up to be loving and caring individuals. I also told God that he didn't need these three babies in heaven that they are needed by their mom and dad more. They have a family that loves them very much, and we all want to spoil them and love on them. While I was sitting there I also asked all of my family members and friends that are in Heaven to help God out a bit, because I know he is busy and to sit with our babies and help them to grow strong. All these people I asked for help from were taken from us before they needed to be and that I needed their help now to prevent our babies from being taken from us to soon. I know I may sound a little crazy to some people about right now, but I am reaching out to anyone that can help Mary, Kuylen and David pull through this traumatic ordeal, and grow strong in order to come home with there mom and dad in a few months to a loving home and family.

Here are some photos taken over the first few days of Kuylen, David and Mary. Just click on the picture and it will open up a slide show

first days with the babies

11 comments:

  1. My heart cries for you all! My thoughts and prayers are with your precious babies..I am praying for all of you, but Kuylen gets a bit extra since Jolie shared the pics with me. Now, after reading this blog I silently pray for all five of you right now. I spent the evening watching a baptism, and you all were on my mind and I prayed for you all then especially. I totally agree with what you have stated in your blog, and I too hope and pray that God will allow you both and your families the joy of being loving parents to those precious babies!! My love, thoughts and prayers for you always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful slideshow! Our prayers are with your little family, especially kuylen since i get to care for the little guy! He is so strong for someone so tiny. Three precious little miracles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brent, as I sit her in tears reliving my own personal nightmare of having a child in the NICU, my heart is just breaking for both you and Heather. I cannot truly imagine the anguish that you both are feeling and the constant roller coaster of emotions. For me that was the hardest part, seeing your child fight so hard to live and then hear that things were just not as they should be. Prayer is truly the most powerful of miracle workers! You are not crazy for begging for help from all that can! Trust me when I tell you that I was also praying to those beyond to bless Dylan and help him to grow.
    I will continue to pray for them. And I have been keeping my family updated as well so that they can continue to pray for them. Please let me know if I can do anything here. I may be making a trip out there on Friday if finances are ok. We are getting the kids for Sasha's recital. If it would be ok with you and Heather, I would love to stop by and hug you guys!!!

    All my love and prayers,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. sending you love and hope all the way from Scotland. I hope your three precious babies keep on fighting

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't imagine how hard this is for you guys. My heart aches for you. I wish I had more to offer than prayers, love, and thoughts. I wish I could swoop down into that NICU, pick up those beautiful babies, and work miracles! But until that happens, remember:

    Everyone at Moss is praying for and cheering on those babies! Come on Mary, David, and Kuylen!!! Fight hard sweeties!!! You too, Mom and Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry to hear of the news. I pray everyday and night that your little angels will be strong and continue their fight. They are beautiful little miracles. And such a blessing from God. I just pray for all of you to have strength and faith through this tremendously difficult time. Sending you love from afar to the LeBlanc bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brent,
    You and your family have been in my prayers ever since you told me. I can't imagine how tough this is for you and there is no need to write in your blog that you may sound crazy. You sound like a concerned parent that is reaching out for support and prayers from their family and friends and as you can see, you have many people who are supporting you. There are many more who are praying for you who do not blog.
    Please know that I am thinking about you and will continue to say prayers.
    I do a lot of work with the March of Dimes. I am on the planning committee for my county, raise money, and do the walk every year. This years walk is May 3rd. This years walk will be extra special because of you.
    I bring many students along for the walk to get them involved in such an amazing charity. I also take a group once a semester to the NICU at Westchester Medical Center in NY so they can see first hand what they are volunteering for. It makes a difference.
    Brent, our walk team this year will definitely be walking for you and your family. Be well.

    Christie

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the pictures! and you are not crazy, just a dad who loves his babies! i say pray to every holy being! god hears them all anyway, and the praying itself is helpful in these times when you feel helpless.

    wishing you, mary, david and kuylen blessings today!
    heather harper

    ReplyDelete
  9. You two are both awesome parents already. We are lifting you all up in prayer! Love, The Arebalos

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are stormin heaven with prayers that things will go well for your beautiful family. All our love, the Deilys

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry I haven't touched base in a while, but all of you have continued to be in my thoughts an prayers. Both of you are sooo strong. The pictures of the babies are BEAUTIFUL!! All my love.

    ReplyDelete