Monday, April 13, 2009

Holding Steady

My labwork this week was basically the same as last week which was really good news! My platelets did drop a little but are considered stable for now. I'm so thankful. I can exhale a little more. 24 weeks this Wednesday - although there's new debate with my primary OB over whether my weeks change on Tuesdays or Wednesdays - so either way, 24 weeks is 4 more than I came in with!!! We are now considered on "the edge of viability". If I can get through 26 weeks, the babies will be considered viable. Then 28 would be the next goal for weight and brain developement. Past 30 weeks would leave breathing difficulty and of course weight gain as issues but would give the babies a 90% chance of survival. So, long term and short term, those are the goals - make it to 26 - then 28 and if we can push to 30...

So for now, 24 is cause for celebration. This moment - I am beyond thankful for.

Thursday the perinatologist will measure the babies again - hopefully, all have been growing and all is well - they sure kick like it is! Then Sunday starts the labs all over again. In between, I rest and eat and rest some more.

My blood pressure seems to have increased a bit again- not enough to cause the doctor alarm or warrant a change in meds, but a notable increase all the same. I'll be increasing my rest over the next few days / this week to see if my body will respond and allow for another decrease. It sort of came up yesterday afternoon and hasn't fallen since - it's about 140 over 90 which is the very top of where the doctors want it to be. Previously, it's been around 130 or lower over 75 to 80 which they seem to get really excited about. Anyhow, that's the only other news.

Again, so thankful for all of the phenomenal support and prayers. Love, Heather

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations Heather! You are doing an amazing job. I love the blog. It is so wonderful to hear the babies are thriving and growing.

    Elesia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!! I have ITP (chronic low platelets) and I suffered from HELLP with my triplet pregnancy. If you have any questions, feel free to chew my ear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to all 5 of you! Every moment--such a blessing--such a joy to see you.
    Keep up the strong kicks, little A, B, and C. Your Easter picture--so cute. Happy ultrasound on Thursday. Sleep sweetly. Rest well. With lots of love and prayers surrounding you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Heather Brent and Babies keep it up we are all pulling for you. Can't wait to hear how they are growing. We'll, keep praying, you keep resting and babies keep growing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY for stable labs and permission on monday :D Hope to hear great news on Wednesday as you fly across 24 weeks!!!
    Keep up the positive attitude! And keep those babies in the oven as long as they'll let you!

    ReplyDelete