Thursday, April 23, 2009

RollerCoaster Ride

Today has been another rough day for all of us. Mary Louise is doing a bit better and is making lots of urine, but still has some major hurdles ahead. David is doing okay, and is making "lots" of urine his nurse says. For only being 14oz he soaked many sheets today. Now, our poor "'Sweet Pea" Kuylen is having a really rough time. He did make urine today, but has some many hurdles ahead that the outlook is really blurry. He hasn't given up and we haven't given up on him. He continues to fight hard and we cherish every moment he is with us. He is definitely our little man, and we love him dearly. We are very sad that Kuylen is not doing well, and very happy that Mary Louise is doing better, and relieved that David is still stable. I have taken to Kuylen very much, and hate to see him go through all this, I just feel that If he can survive all this he is going to be one special person, nothing will hold him back. The same can be said for David and Mary Louise. I hurts my heart to see Kuylen struggle so much, and know that he is fighting so hard, and their is nothing I can do for him except pray.
I hope no ones takes this the wrong way, with the way things are going I have questioned my faith lately. I know I am going to get a hundred comments and emails about how it is Gods will, what ever happens, but I still question his will. A week ago the doctors had given up on Kuylen from the ultrasound results in utero, but Heather and I never gave up. One week later we are hearing the same thing from the doctors, the difference is that he has defied all of them by being born alive and surviving this long. This has definitely been a bad roller coaster ride. I hope nobody I know ever has to take this emotional trip. We haven't even been a week yet, and still have till august to ride this ride.
On a good note, Heather is doing really well, and moving around pretty good. She went outside twice today , and walked the whole way both times. She has also walked to the NICU twice today, and will take another trip later on. She sounds better, looks better, and lost a whopping 22 lbs in one day. Take that "Biggest Loser"!
So today has been a ride full of highs and very steep lowes, but we have a long ride ahead, lets hope it smooths out some. Please continue to pray for the babies, as they really need some extra help.
P.S. - I got to hold Mary Louse's hand this afternoon, and it was a great feeling of joy for me.

thank you for all your prayers!
Brent

12 comments:

  1. ohh, nevermind God, you could always punch a doctor

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know your faith is being tested and I can't begin to understand how both of you feel. But, you said it yourself Kuylen was not supposed to make it and some how that little guy is finding the strength to press on. That is a miracle that could only have come from God. He has given you these 3 little miracles to love and treasure. Even though your children have only been in this world for for less than a week, look at how they have inpacted your life. I bet you never know you could love someone so much. God has revealed a whole new part of you and yes this may be a test of faith, but look at the gifts that have come with this test. A love like you have never known, three little you and Heathers combined, and a rollercoaster that will not end as long as you live. Children themselves are an endless rollercoaster of ups and downs. I just hope this drop on your rollercoaster ends soon and you, Heather, Mary, David and Kuylen can sail smoothly for a while. Continuing to pray for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or if you don't feel like hearing what I said you can always follow Collin's advice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it may test your faith but God gives us only what he knows we can handle. Unfortunately you and Heather must be very strong people for God to dump so much on you at one time, but you will get through this. Strength in faith is what will pull your babies through this tough time.

    Do not give up on faith; your babies need love, and without loving God, how can one know what Love is?

    Or do what Collin suggested, and punch a doctor :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. my heart aches for you and your family, brent. i am thinking of you every day. thank you so much for the frequent updates via blog and tell collie to give you and heather a big hug from me! -robin

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey guys, its caitlin cleveland, seans one and only :) I wanted to let yall know that my sister got a hold of your blog and sent the address and intention of your family to the rest of my family and her friends. I probably should have done so before she did but, nonetheless, I wanted yall to know a whole new branch of folks are praying for you five. My nieces and nephews pray especially sweet prayers and, of course, have a great love for babies. I hope this can bring yall a bit of comfort in the midst of all this chaos. take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brent and Heather, Emily and I along with the whole church family are praying for you all. Personally, Emily and I are thinking of you and hoping to meet your new family and listen to them make their "joyful noise" during church on Sundays yet to come. Remember you wouldn't ever grow in faith if you never questioned it.
    God's Peace+
    Ben and Emily

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brent, it sounds like you children have every bit of the fighting spirit that you displayed so often as a kid. The prayers of my entire family are with you, Heather, David, Kuylen, and Mary. My mother once said "I am glad that God has all this faith in me, but I wouldn't be upset if he tested me a little less." You know me brother, a 3 hour drive is the least I could do for you.

    Will, Lauri, Ashlyn, and Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brent, NEVER give up and never give up on faith and love. Thanks for the updates and know that we continue to pray for your sweet babies and you and Heather. The Deilys & Meghan

    ReplyDelete
  10. who wouldnt be questioning god in the circumstances you are in?! i know that i did. i questioned and doubted and faught and screamed at god. we live in a world of humans, full of pain and struggle. i dont thinkt that it is ever god's will that his children suffer as you and your family are suffering. just know that god is with you in the midst of your pain, confusion, anger or whatever! when you are in the middle of a desparate situation, it may be hard to see god through your pain. i can say that i have been there, stayed there for a while in fact, but god never leaves you.

    so, go ahead and question. god is still there and god can take it!! god wants to be in a relationship with you, above all.

    it is my prayer that you feel god's presence today in the people he sends your way!

    blessings to you, heather, mary, david, and kuylen

    heather harper

    ReplyDelete
  11. i don't know you all, but have given the blessing of "knowing you" through a friend. I just wanted you to know I'm the mother of twins and wen't through the NICU process with my 2, although it was not even in comparision to what you are dealing with. I am praying for your three, sweet miracles. I am in awe by your strength, because I know how hard it can be and how exhausted you must feel. Please keep the faith and know that there are people that don't even know you that are saying prayers left and right. I and my husband are 2 of them tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I found your story on GCSAA web board. I wish you the best. I had a premie in October of 08, and although nothing like what you have, i understand. I also did a blogspot, and update periodically now, but for 28 days it was therapy. The NICU doctrs are amazing, and so too the nurses. Anyway, check out www.sevenweekjourney.blogspot.com. Hope it provides some encouragement.

    ReplyDelete