Thursday, April 9, 2009

peri visit

Dr. Newman with the perinatology group just left. He just came in for a chat - they'll measure everyone again next week (on Thursday). I asked him if he knew of Dr. Elliot's work and to my surprise he did and told me (not so surprising) that I was not yet a candidate for mag treatment as I don't have preterm labor and my blood pressures are hanging out in the high but ok for now range. So, I'm still coasting. They have started to supplement my diet with Ensure (which actually isn't all that bad - or I'm just that hungry) so that's a change. It's for more calories, a bit of protein (since I'm leaking it all out and the babies need it) and the vitamins it supplies. Other than that, no changes in care as of right now.

Father Jack came again for a much appreciated chat today. I told him that I feel as if I have my own prayer army behind me and that we just can't have any other outcome than us all being ok.

I had a dream last night that I was holding the babies in my arms. There weren't any tubes or machines connected to them - they smelled so sweet and were so soft and content, Brent was smiling - one of them even had his ears and little old man look that he has in some of his baby photos - we were all so happy and so aware of how lucky we are and what a miracle each day is. Just the simple family moment for which we've been praying. What a beautiful thing.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful vision!
    Great Love from us all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With all the prayers coming your way, you better believe it's an army!!! You and those little miracles are in my every thought and prayer. Love you!

    ReplyDelete