Wednesday, April 1, 2009

22 weeks today!!

What a special day! Every Wednesday, I feel like I can exhale a little more knowing we are one week closer to safe babies. Still a ways to go, but the small feats are so worth smiling over. Jane and Andrew (family from England) visited as well today - I haven't seen them in over 10 years though to sit and chat it feels like I was playing at Green Farm (their home) just yesterday. They delivered many goodies which was very fun - my room now has 2 additions of Easter flowers which smell amazing in addition to the other arrangements here. I slept well last night a woke this morning to playful kicks as usual - I've never EVER been a morning person but I must admit that I smile waking up to that. It's just amazing. I try to save each one in my memory and treasure all of these quiet moments as much as possible. My primary doctor (Brown) came in with a smile today and said that he hopes I continue on this path - next labs are set for Sunday and I will see the perinatologist tomorrow. I'm not sure if they will measure all of the babies or not but will be sure to update all on any news.

It has been quite busy here today. The "other triplet mom" (as there are apparently 2 of us up here) was somehow having trouble this morning and many of the nurses and staff were a bit flustered as all of the labor and delivery rooms were full as well. A few of them checked on me to make sure I was ok and told me that they would prefer not to have triplets here today - that both of us needed a bit more time. I agreed wholeheartedly. Interesting that there are 2 of us here though - although I'm not allowed to know anything more about her we apparently are aware of each other and ask about one another often - I've asked if she was ok and she does the same. The nurses are funny - not wanting to share any information (HIPPA) but wanting us to be comforted by the fact that we're not the only one. What an expreience - I still sometimes wonder if this is all really happening.

Other news: The church here has decided to postpone a baby shower for us until I can attend. They want to wait until we can really celebrate everything!

More later - nap time now! Love and gratitude to all.

3 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful day--fun and excitement inside and out with wonderful people! Easter, a wonderful uplifting time--celebration of the upcoming new life and light--many many weeks away.
    With Soooo Much Love.

    Love and prayers also go to the other triplet Mom and babies. I wonder if she uses a lap top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two sets of triplets!!!!!!! For my first pregnancy there were 2 sets of twins named LeBlanc in the "premie" nursery.

    Love to all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so awesome Heather! We are praying for all of you!

    ReplyDelete