Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Relaxing Tuesday

I napped an awful lot today and seem to be having an easier time talking (on the rare occasion that I actually say something). My blood pressure seems to be bouncing back and forth between my high and low (140/90 and 120's/70's) so that's a little frustrating but I suppose it could be tons worse. A nurse who has had me frequently since I was admitted here came in to give me a pep talk today - a really nice change to the sympathetic silent treatment I've become accustomed to. She said she's been praying for me and the babies for up to 1 hour a day! and that she's so excited for me to be 24 weeks tomorrow as it's considered "viability". She knows I have a ways to go but is happy for me that I've made it this far. She said they were talking about it at the nurses' station and are just so pleased to spread the news! ha! I had no idea that I was "the news". She told me once "the news" reaches perinatology that things will change. The neonatologist will most likely want to start seeing me soon as well.

I had 2 visits from good friends from nursing school today which were much appreciated - I'm sure I'll sleep well tonight after such excitement! The babies have been kicking like crazy this week as well - so much fun - I can tell the difference in their sizes by the strength of the kicks. I do hope they are all growing well (ok I guess that could've gone without saying right?).

I see perinatology on Thursday - when I've officially been here for one month. It's actually gone by really quickly and continues to do so. They'll measure the babies then and I'll of course update as soon as the doctors have talked to us.

2 comments:

  1. YAY! hehe funny how all hospitals are the same. We too talk in the NICU about the moms waiting in the wings... the 2 24 weekers waiting trying to hold on for a few more weeks, the 15 year old who didn't know she was pregnant...

    Too bad they're giving you the silent treatment. Maybe they're just encouraging you to relax and sleep, and doing it the hard way :)

    Praying for good news tomorrow and Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a huge team surrounding you and the babies with wonderful support! Fantastic news each day! Wonderful that the babies are kicking so well. The great rest must be doing your voice good. Your breathing seems easier as well. Maybe your body is adjusting to all the changes and enjoying flourishing after the initial shock to the system! Enjoy the next month wrapped in prayers, caring, and love from your big team with your little team playing soccer inside. Love you.

    ReplyDelete