Monday, February 1, 2010

Happy birthday Mom!

Today is my 30th birthday. That's right - the big 3-0. Though I still think of myself as a little kid most of the time, I must admit that there is a huge part of me that has aged immensely over the past year.

I woke up this morning to a beautifully decorated king cake - made from scratch by Brent. He'd stayed up late insisting that he had to finish "your present from the babies". As it turns out, "the babies" made me a fantastic card with photos of the 2 of them holding the foam letters from their play mat spelling out "Happy Birthday" and the number 30. To say that it made me smile...such and understatement.

Brent got me some new exercise clothes. I had to laugh at myself for asking for a king cake (I never dreamed he'd make it from scratch though) and exercise clothes! I'm pretty sure one cancels the other out right? Ah well. I love it all anyhow.

Mary Louise reached out for me to hold her this morning. It warmed my heart. It was the first time what she was asking for was absolutely unquestionable. They are growing so fast and learning more everyday.

Morning nap time is over so I must run...some photos - lots of photos- to follow...

Oh and squash? a great success!

January play time


xo,
Heather

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! My 30th is coming up in April. Amazing how 30 sounds so old...until you get there. Hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Happy Day!!xxxooo
    Such Cuties!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to laugh, with the pink and green cups. Brent and I had plastic cups and Grandma Jeanne's house when we visited and they were pink and green!

    Hope you had a great birhday, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh please! Thirty is nothing. You're still young! And I totally agree that exercise clothes cancel out the king cake (you just have to use the clothes for their intended purpose). Have a wonderful day!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete