Thursday, February 11, 2010

David Update...

David was taken to surgery just after 7:30. It is expected to take about an hour and a half. He will stay the night for observation to ensure the anesthesia does not cause any apneic episodes.

Things this morning went as smoothly as they could have gone. We are so nervous, but the staff gave us a little corner in their world so that we could have a quiet area, a place for me to pump, etc. which is making things just that much easier. They have promised to return my little guy to me as soon as he starts to wake up. He was so sweet this morning. Hungry as he was, he still managed a smile or two and playtime with Mom and Dad. He's been up (with me) since midnight (as if an alarm went off in his head when I took his food away) so I expect we'll both crash eventually.

Will post again as soon as we are settled in a room. There is of course no phone service here so this is really my only way of getting the word out that we are doing ok and things are progressing nicely.

Many thanks for the thoughts and prayers this morning and for the early morning visit from Father Jack!

xo,
Heather

1 comment:

  1. I hope everything goes well- My little one had to have hernia repair as well when he was less than 4 months old. He was only about 6 lbs when he had it. It's so hard on us mommy's!!! Thinking about your sweet boy!! and you!

    ReplyDelete