Tuesday, June 16, 2009

a stay of operation

I'm not sure how, but Mary Louise's eyes were back to a stage one today and David's were just barely a stage 2. The doctor in New Orleans (Dr. Gordon with Tulane hospital) ordered another exam for Monday and said surgery (and therefore transport) is not yet necessary.

I know I'm asking an awful lot, but do you think it possible that they'll have completely healthy eyes next week? (OK, I'll settle for vast improvement if I must).

I will go back to my original travel plan now. I will return to Lake Charles tomorrow to be with the little ones and go to the internist on Thursday.

The services for Mommom are on Saturday. Visitation is at 8:30AM and the service starts at 10AM. Burial will be in Scott (Lafayette) that afternoon. The obituary will run on Wednesday and Thursday at least - possibly Friday and will have all of the details for those interested.

I am in total disbelief that all of this is happening - yet I feel present and in the moment at the same time...or maybe I'm just totally emotionally and physically exhausted. That could easily be it. Nonetheless, I'm here and I refuse to feel sorry for myself as it wastes the precious time I've been given. I maintain that I am in fact lucky.

Many thanks for all of the thoughts and prayers.

XO, Heather

4 comments:

  1. it was a great feeling to be able to call my wife and tell her that the babies are doing well, and the possibility of surgery is held off another week. I think someone realized we have enough on our plate right now. I also got to hold both of my precious babies this evening. just me no sharing, but they do miss their mother, so come home Heather.

    Brent

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be sure to pray for their eyes. They are making wonderful progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayer is a powerful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is wonderful. i hope their eyes continue to improve. We will be praying and loving you both and David and Mary Louise from afar.

    ReplyDelete