Sunday, June 14, 2009

precious life

Today, Mary Louise made 3 pounds! David has lost a bit of weight since extubation and was 2 pounds 7 ounces. So, we're hoping that he levels out and starts to gain soon. They are both on full feedings every 3 hours. Full feeding for them means 25 mls. Full feeding for a full term infant starts at 30 mls. so they aren't far off. They both look great and seem to be coming along well overall.

Brent is going solo for bath time tonight as I rushed to Houma this evening to be with my mom. My grandmother (Mommom) passed away this morning. She was truly such a beautiful person that touched so many lives - really no telling how many in her 94 years.

I am just heart broken that she is gone.

5 comments:

  1. I'm certainly one of the lives among many that she touched, Heather. I've got so many fond memories of her helping run the St. Matthew's library and all the different books she'd suggest. She was always quick to point out the good ones- none of that trendy, young fluff stuff for Mrs. Mary! She made sure I was exposed to works that were as unforgettable and classic as she was. She was the person that introduced me to The Secret Garden, Heidi, and Little Women- formative books for any little girl. Such a truly charming, fascinating person who defined beauty inside and out. She was a "grandmother" to all of us that entered that library. I know I will miss her dearly, which is to say nothing of the loss you feel. Her namesake, your sweet daughter, (and son, too) will have her incredible legacy to learn from and guide them as they grow. My heart goes out to you and your whole family. So very much love to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, I'm so very sorry to hear of the passing of your grandmother. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this most difficult of times. Cathy Deily

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so very sorry for your loss. You and your family continue to be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather- My whole family is so sorry to hear of your loss. Ms. Mary was such a kind, wonderful person. She introduced me and so many others to the wonders that literature holds. Our love and prayers are with you and your family.
    Always, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. H- I am so sorry to hear about Mommom. I will be praying for your sweet family. She was a fantastic woman. It was so good seeing you all last week. Love you, M

    ReplyDelete