Tuesday, October 5, 2010

ooo-oooh that smell! take 2?!

So it happened AGAIN this morning!! Ha - it would seem that their little hineys are still size 1-2 but their stinker messes are size 3 to 4?

I am also very proud to announce that they are in 12 month clothing!!! I have been trying pieces here and there and they have fit reasonably well, but during the last week, they seem to have made the real jump to MOSTLY 12 month clothing! I put them in 12 month "footie" PJ's from Children's Place this morning and they fit perfectly! I bought their winter things for THIS year when the Children's Place did their clearance LAST year at the end of the season. I remember getting the items in thinking I might have made a mistake...the babies were about 7 pounds at the time, it was really hard for me to imagine them fitting in these ENORMOUS clothes. In truth, the pants are the right length for both of them, but David's are a bit big in the waist...but most are wearable with a onesie underneath. It's just wild to think of how far they've come, how much they've grown...

Yesterday I did a little gardening and Mary Louise was right behind me with her spade trying to digs holes for the plants "just like Mommy"! David walked down the drive to Tootle because he wanted to pet her on the nose. They are so independent, and we couldn't be prouder.

I still remember the promise I made to David before his intestinal surgery - if he would poop on his own, and breathe on his own, I would smile and be so proud forever...boy, he sure took the former to heart!

We are just so very lucky...

xo,
Heather

1 comment:

  1. I often laugh in wonder at how blessed I feel even when I am elbow deep in poop and I can't even imagine how truly blessed you feel! I actually remember when you were making those promises to that sweet little boy, as well. Your amazing, beautiful family is often in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you for sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete