Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Makin' Banana Pancakes

So, the babies and I made banana pancakes this morning! I remember doing this with my mom when I was little...I always got to sift. I LOVED sifting!

Mary Louise got a little bowl and a wisk and pretended to stir the batter - while David just beat on things with his wisk (he made breakfast music for us while we cooked). I used whole wheat flour, a little bit of vanilla, a pinch of cinnamon, some turbinado, and fresh mashed bananas - no syrup needed for these guys!

They each had a few bites of the warm yummies - I'm just excited that they BOTH (uhem - Mary Louise the picky) tried them! At any rate, we had fun making them.

My gracious thanks to Mom for giving me such wonderful kitchen memories and telling me over and over and over how easy it is to make things a little healthier rather than relying on the quicker, the saltier, the overly processed, the boxed - and for allowing us (with a smile no less) to repeatedly destroy her kitchen!

xo,
Heather

2 comments:

  1. Awww...sweet. At least all of you learned how to cook or work with food to some extent. Nutritious pancakes that looked like bunnies and smiley faces made me smile too. Having fun with good nutrition ranks top. xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids love banana pancakes too. I always make my own batter and add extras like wheat germ, milk powder, etc. For snack, I make them the size of a small cookie so they can hold on to them and they love it.

    ReplyDelete