Sunday, April 11, 2010

The master is home!

Brent returned home from The Masters golf tournament last night. It sounds like he really had a wonderful time. Things were of course hectic as always but went really well here overall. Mommom and Uncle Sean even gave me a few nap breaks during the week, time to cook - twice and a little more for a quick haircut one day which was quite a treat. Laundry done; house essentially clean - not too bad I'd say. One of the top questions I get asked (right after "are they twins?" and "are they identical?"- which is forever amusing...) is "how do you do it?" To be honest, I don't know. When I have moments with an extra set of hands, I wonder myself. Days bleed together - the other day I truly thought it was Wednesday all day until Brent came home and informed that it was in fact Good Friday (that's right, I even got muddled on a holiday week!). So, the bottom line is, they need what they need and I'm the one that's here. Therefore, (I hope) it (whatever it is) gets done. That being said, I'm not quite sure how I'm going to meet everyone's needs tomorrow - but I'm currently gathering up all of the sense of humor, deep breaths, and arm and back strength I can muster in preparation!

Damon (my older brother) came here last night as well for a triathlon this morning. We all got it together early to go to the state park for the event. He did very well competing as did the babies cheering on the sidelines. It was a beautiful morning and we set up a little play area on a picnic table for them to stretch their legs and play before heading home for a quick nap time.

All extended family got back on the road this morning leaving our little nuclear one all to ourselves once again. A few errands this afternoon and we've had quite a busy day!

So many thanks to our families for their help, thoughts and support over the past year- and especially for easing Brent's mind just enough to allow him to enjoy his special dream trip!

xo,
Heather

2 comments:

  1. Gotta love that "are they identical?" question when they're boy/girl!

    I was once told that:

    Identical = born at the EXACT same time

    Fraternal = born a few minutes apart

    Of course, this was by a man..no woman would ever think that!!

    Good luck tomorrow! The only answer to "how do you do it?" is "you just do it".

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Pleasure is All Ours Always!!!xxxooo

    ReplyDelete