Tuesday, April 6, 2010

For Kuylen...

I may add more to this later, but I will just mention it now to allow time to think- that and I've been fumbling with the wording for this post for quite sometime...

We are going to release some balloons at the lake here for our sweet Kuylen. Our families will be here for the babies blessing (as they were baptized twice in the NICU, we are going to have a sort of blessing and celebration with our church family the week after their birthday.) So, that weekend, Brent and I thought we would do a little something special to remember our Kuylen...here's where you come in...

We would like very much to attach a thought to each balloon released. It could be a little note to him or whatever you'd like. We learned so much from our few moments with him that we just can't let his immense contribution to our lives pass by without taking pause.

We would really appreciate your help! If you've done something nice with him in mind...if you've taken an extra moment with your little ones, given an extra hug, had a little more patience, or just taken a peaceful moment with yourself, we'd love to hear it.

You can either leave a comment, or if you would prefer emailing me: heatherbowe@gmail.com, you are more than welcome to do so. If you would rather us not read it, email me for our address and you can send your thoughts via snail mail in a sealed envelope. Our families can of course bring whatever they'd like with them for the weekend of festivities.

Again, we really appreciate your help on this!

Phew, I got through the rough draft with only a few tears, and the ache that just won't go away - of course I don't really expect it to...

Many thanks once again.
xo,
Heather

4 comments:

  1. Heather, this is wonderful... I will be emailing you soon.

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful . . . We are on the same wave length this morning. Gracie was born 2 years ago on April 19th... I will email you . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather.....I read often...post never but when I always snuggles my babies a little more at night :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather, I am catching up on your posts. Things have been a little crazier over here these days.

    YOu know I have always been grateful that Kuylen made it. He made it long enough for you and Brent to see his precious little face, long enough for you to see his stregth, long enough for him to feel your, Brents and your famlies love. He made it long enough to feel your gentle touch when you held him. I have always been grateful that God let you both see and hold your child before his hard fight was over. Not everyone gets that chance. I beleive that in his short days he blessed you and all of us so much.

    ReplyDelete