Saturday, May 2, 2009

Saturday Evening Update

Heather and I just got back from the NICU, and the babies are doing well. Mary Louise is doing good and they will probably starting to feed her sometime before wednesday. She is still showing some sign of an infection, but the doctor is positive about her condition at this time. David is doing great considering he had a major surgery yesterday. He has good color, and is peeing so much that they are regulating his meds to reduce his urine output. All in all, we will probably get some sleep tonight. My little sweet pea, and my lil sweet girl are making me a proud papa. They will only be 2 weeks old tomorrow and they are already giving me gray hair. Oh yeah, David's PDA valve is closed at this time, but can reopen, but is closed for now. Mary's PDA valve is showed inprovement of closing and is now cosidered small from previous small/moderate. Definitly improvement. So the roller coaster is running smooth at this time. Thank You for all the praying. It is definitly working, so please keep them coming.
Sincerely,
Brent

4 comments:

  1. So happy. Much good news. Each day--a blessing.
    With love and prayers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog from another, and I just read the entire history. Your babies are amazingly beautiful! I can't believe how small and strong they are. You will be in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'll sleep tonight.

    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That is amazing news aspecially about David's urine and PDA. You and Heather have alot to be proud of your babies and each other. I hope you finnnaly got some sleep last night.

    ReplyDelete