Friday, August 7, 2009

Get by with a little help from my friends...

This week has been an amazing mish mash of doctor's visits, home health visits, visits from family, etc. I truly couldn't have gotten through without the help of so so many people...

We have had dinners brought to us my church members, the house was cleaned today by a service my mom sent (oh my gosh how wonderfully spoiled am I?!), Brent's parents and sister are currently here sitting so that I can make an appointment or 2 and catch up on a few things (oh and get a MUCH needed nap in once or twice!), and finally friends of ours have been extremely helpful in getting the babies accepted into various programs for which they are eligible (the legwork for which is something we simply don't have the time or energy to do).

Again, I find myself incredibly humbled by such empathy, compassion, consideration and thought. A church friend said as she was giving us a wonderful meal, "I've waited to do this for someone since people did it for my family during the hurricane recovery. It's so easy to give, but to be on the other side and receive, that's the hard part!" How right she was.

The thank you's I continue say and mean with all my heart somehow seem empty - or maybe just not enough. But what would be? How does one truly thank those who made her family possible? Each prayer, each moment of thought, each loving act of kindness and generosity has been a contribution which has helped us to the place we are today.

So, enough or not, a thank you is all I have, and without hesitation, I give it to you.

Love, Heather

P.S. Mary Louise has gained 3 ounces since Wednesday!!! and David is eating MUCH better since we started the Zantac!

No comments:

Post a Comment