Monday, November 28, 2011

Little Happies

Things have been going well as far as the pregnancy is concerned. We had an appointment with perinatology last Monday and they noted no change in my cervix and a healthy baby with a great heart beat. The Dr. we saw was new to the group (since the triplet pregnancy) so I'd not met him prior. He was nice - as nice as a perinatologist can be...bless their hearts those men are some of the most sullen individuals I've ever seen - down trodden, sullen, dry, and straight to the point. I actually appreciate the last part though.

It was nice to have a new set of eyes on my chart. We discussed my history - again - and he seemed well versed on all of my past issues. For him, it all boiled down to the fact that it was a higher order multiple pregnancy. The outcome still warranted increased monitoring - because certainty is a luxury we just don't have (umm do we every in medicine???) - but right now, things are going great in all areas. He explained that an incompetent cervix would begin changing during weeks 16 through 20 - at least slight changes would typically be noted during this time. My monitoring would pick this up and intervention would be indication should any changes occur (intervention = cerclage). Last week and today (we went to my regular OB today) there were no cervical changes noted.

Furthermore, my blood pressure is still behaving beautifully. I am having a full baseline pre-eclampsia work up done this week. This will offer values to compare future labs to so that change in kidney and liver function can be detected. I'm pretty sure I need to post a pic of my special friend - the "gas can", pee bucket I get to store my wee in for 24 hours - geez - it makes me feel like I'm exhibiting symptoms of dementia to save my own pee in the fridge. Honestly. Anyhow, I'll get to a pic later...

Things are currently looking so great that I get a week off next week - no cervical ultrasound. Then I am due for another peri visit the following week and an OB visit after that - we all family now! I joke that I should just apply for a job in the office so I can get paid to sit there for hours on end. They are great though - the ultrasound tech came back to the office just for me today as there was a mix up on appointment times and I was scheduled in the afternoon after he'd already left. Nice fix - and it means I don't have to go BACK and sit another day this week.

Speaking of ultra sounds....a never before blogged little sneak peek... at our sweet darling...

The Suga Bean!! (in the first, you can just see his/her little feet snuggled up at the far left)






Stew on that a bit - will be back with holiday stories and pics after a rest or 2...a HUGE and gracious thank you for the thoughts and prayers now and throughout this pregnancy. I wrap my sweet baby in love - both yours and mine - every second of every day. We are so humbly and eternally grateful.

xo,
Heather

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what I would do with sullen men perinatologists! I guess I have been super lucky - the two ladies in our peri practice were the kindest, most gracious, most faithful women ever. They gave it to you straight, but never without hope....well, almost never, one of them did see me in triage when I was losing Ella to see if there was a last ditch attempt to save the pregnancy that could be done. I swear she had tears in her eyes when she told me there was nothing they could do. When I was in the hospital with Gavin one of them visited me after going to church and told me how her family had been praying for me.

    I'm so glad things are going well and that you likely don't have IC!

    ReplyDelete