Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Hey Mister Postman!

Brace yourselves - this post contains nudity and subject matter that may only be suitable for adults. bahahaha - I'll keep it relatively clean...

It's rainy, it's Mardi Gras, and what does one do with a rainy, Mardi Gras, toddler filled day you ask? Oh that's right. One cleans chandeliers of course! So I bought some Sparkle Plenty...so our light fixtures would in fact...umm...sparkle plenty (no I haven't been drinking)...and as we were stuck inside on this parade filled day, I decided to give it a try on our FILTHY fixtures. Seriously, these things have been driving me nuts for quite sometime and the Sparkle Plenty spray, regardless of the ridiculous name, is supposed to work wonders in very little time. I set up towels under the chandeliers and took to a-sprayin'.

Since our lights were well coated with about 100 years (literally) of crud, I decided that they needed a second treatment...

Have I mentioned that the babies are climbing like circus performers lately??? hmmm? David used the drawer pulls in the kitchen today to attempt scaling the counter - I caught him on drawer pull number 3...

Anyhow, I second coated the dining room light then moved on to the foyer. I put the step ladder back out, climbed the steps, told the babies to spot me...ha...and did a quick spray. David decided that those steps on the ladder were just. too. tempting. He toddled up the first one...but I was almost done.

He made it up the second step and was moving to the third when things went awry. I had finished treatment 2, was just beginning to back down while David was pushing up, and he. grabbed. my. ELASTIC WAIST PANTS LEG. HA!! (and in case you're wondering, I'm not really a fan of the granny panty - and we'll leave it at that...)That kid totally pants me in our foyer while I was on perfect display through our glass front door...

but oh, it gets better...

I turned around, rather surprised, pants at my ankles, just in time to catch our sweet postman, Mr. Otis, standing there getting a bit more than he'd bargained for when he strolled up to our front porch to deliver the day's post.

Apparently, the mail does run on Mardi Gras...and in the spirit of the wild and crazy holiday, I unwittingly mooned our poor post man.

Thanks David. Thanks alot Bubs.

xo,
Heather

6 comments:

  1. The babies again remind us to lighten up and not take ourselves too seriously. Humor balances life--even when on a step ladder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it! Thanks for the laugh. And I sure your postman will be extra kind to you from here on out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I needed a good laugh sorry it had to be at your expense. Heather, those babies will keep you young! There is a never a dull moment in your house. :)
    Heather A

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha! That is classic Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HILARIOUS! Truly a memory for the ages!

    ReplyDelete