Sunday, April 17, 2011

In the week ahead...

Reading and Talking...


Keep Away with an Angry David...


Enjoy!!

Lots of things happening around here all the time. Mary Louise and David seem to grasp the pronunciation of more words each day. Mary Louise is even putting 2 word phrases together now - "Hi Dada!" "What's this?" - and mumbles things constantly. David is experimenting with his voice with lots and lots of inflection (read as yelling) and echoing.

In climbing news, we've had to pull all of the chairs away from the dining room table as Mary Louise and David scale that thing within seconds if the chairs are available as a step. They climb on things like our storage chest coffee table regularly and are really starting to master the stairs. While holding on with one hand, Mary Louise has begun to alternate her feet while climbing the stairs - typically a late 2 / early 3 year old skill. David has begun to stand upright while climbing the stairs and holding on with one hand - though sometimes he still reverts to crawling them to get ahead of Mary Louise!

We are celebrating their SECOND birthday on Tuesday!!!! Can you believe it?!!!! That's 2 years of worry, 2 years of sleepless nights, 2 years of milestones, 2 years of more surprise, heartache, love, shock and awe than I EVER could have imagined! (oh and if I may just slide this in....2 years of playing nice with my dear friend Medela and their Pump in Style pumping system - and to think that when I registered for the thing, I had it in my thick skull that I would simply breastfeed 3 babies and not have to use such contraption! pft. best laid plans...)

We have a big week ahead of us - birthday on Tuesday, then Easter and Kuylen's day are one in the same this year.

Much more to come in the week ahead.

xo,
Heather

1 comment:

  1. I work at Women and Children's and I was actually David's nurse the night he was born. I spent many nights with your sweet babies. It warms my heart to see the babies so healthy. All those long hard nights makes it completely worth it when i see them laughing and playing. I am so glad they are doing well. Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family, I know you have a couple of emotional days coming up.

    ReplyDelete