Monday, June 24, 2013

Back to it...

Happy Monday.

Within 72 hours of completing summer camp (which was absolutely wonderful), the entire family has snot noses. I really should have just made pedi appointments for this week way back in January when I signed the big kids up for camp. But, I wanted to be hopeful...and I still am as we're not THAT bad right now- in a snotty, "darnit, I don't have time for this" sort of way.

Hanging in there...

It occurred to me this morning that I'd never shared the kids' birthday party here. I'm somehow sure it doesn't need to be discussed or even mentioned, but I did not have the easiest of Springs. The luxury of mourning beat on my emotional door and I chose to let it in a bit...sigh on this.

We gave the kids gifts on their actual birthdays:

bikes for Mary Louise and David as well as "professional what I want to be" outfits:



"Docca Meese"

"on call":

her first patient:


Fire Fighter David:


and Everett got a "tent city":



From 14 ounces and 10.75 inches in length to a big boy bicycle and fire fighting dreams...from 1 pound 6 ounces and 12 inches in length to a big girl bicycle and healing the sick dreams...from having 7 minutes to live to happily exploring houses just his size...Bicycles, dress up and tent cities...it might have been their birthdays, but the enormity of the gifts I've been entrusted to love and protect has not, for one second escaped me...
****************

A few weeks later, we celebrated with friends and family at home - a big LeBlanc kid birthday bash!
Cake table: fireman cupcakes with green icing per David's request; ballerina cupcakes with pink icing per ML's request and a fruit salad with watermelon - our traditional first birthday celebratory food!




Party favors:


Mary Louise and David really loved helping to make everything!

I made clothesline garlands with pictures of the kids.


We had a ton of balloons. I made play-doh and put chalk and bubbles outside. We borrowed a small space walk from a friend. I bedazzled the mess out of some party hats - then totally forgot to force people to wear use them.

It was fun - a wonderful celebration. I still can't quite comprehend how we all of a sudden have 2 4 year olds and a 1 year old at home...

No matter how much time passes, I still have moments of such intense gratitude...for these precious moments we've been given...

xo,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment